The Society for Oncology Massage (S4OM) is an international non-profit organization founded in 2007 to support and educate massage therapists, consumers, and health professionals about the value and specific considerations and applications of massage therapy for people diagnosed with cancer. We promote the safe delivery of massage to people affected by cancer. We promote an oncology massage education standard and we collaborate in research.
S4OM is supported by tax-deductible donations and is a driving force behind the movement to ensure the availability and delivery of properly adapted massage therapy for people affected by cancer worldwide.
Support the effort today and enjoy these benefits...
- S4OM Forum newsletter, affiliation programs, discounts on educational and outreach materials, conferences, online education and more!
- Educate Your Community: order informational fliers, posters and postcards
- Learn About Oncology Massage and Why It Matters: Read the S4OM Position Papers, reflecting professional positions on key issues including: Educational Standards, Certification and Doctors’ Permission (coming soon). Also visit our Q&A Section and find the answers to frequently asked questions.
- Use our locator to find a Preferred Provider in your area
- Massage therapists, find basic and advanced oncology massage training courses provided by S4OM’s Recognized Education Providers (REP)
- Find professional and patient educational materials: Visit the S4OM Online Store and shop Amazon for S4OM through our portal and find textbooks, videos, supplies and more
- Create Awareness: Oncology massage is the only massage for people affected by cancer. Get your S4OM oncology massage car window cling today and help us spread the word!
- Get your S4OM oncology massage car window cling today and help us spread the word!