Call for Posters/Presentations
7th Oncology Massage Healing Summit
…a collaboration between the Society for Oncology Massage and Northwestern Health Sciences University, Bloomington, MN
Apr 21 – 22, 2023
Research creates an opportunity for Summit attendees to have informal discussions on research and further provides them with the opportunity to learn how individual therapists and researchers have impacted their communities and advanced the profession.
S4OM and Northwestern Health Sciences University invites therapists, researchers, and students the opportunity to present their research at the 2023 Oncology Massage Healing Summit.
The 2023 Oncology Massage Healing Summit poster session April 22-23, 2023, at Northwestern Health Sciences University in Bloomington, Minnesota.
The deadline to submit poster abstracts is January 1, 2023.
For additional information please contact:
Kate Wing, Sub-committee Chair, at [email protected]
Poster sessions are an integral component of the Oncology Massage Healing
Summit. They allow us to bring research to the exhibit hall floor in a professional and
educational manner. In 2007 over 175 oncology massage therapists and faculty attend this first-time event developed by Gayle MacDonald and Tina Ferner in Toledo, Ohio. Since then, we have gathered at Northwestern Health Science University in 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018 and virtually in 2021. We are very excited to be back in person for 2023.
Our last in person event brought participants from around the world. In 2023 we expect an even greater global representation.
If you wish to participate
Please submit an abstract, (format below) to Kate Wing at [email protected] by January 15, 2023. The poster session selection committee will review your abstract for approval for the conference and share their decision with you by February 1, 2023.
The suggested poster size is 4′ x 6′. Poster materials should be of the size and type that will fit within the allotted space and can be secured with either Velcro or masking tape. The poster should present an abstract of the project that includes the following:
- your name and credentials
- organization and location of the project
- project/poster title
- introduction and purpose of the project
- description of the population targeted
- methods, critical results, and discussion of the significance of the outcome
- Poster presenters are also encouraged to make handouts of their abstracts and findings available to attendees.
- Tables and electricity will NOT be available due to space and safety requirements.
Please submit an electronic copy abstract for your poster to Kate Wing, at [email protected], by January 15, 2023.
Poster review guidelines:
- Does the study address an important problem?
- Relevance for Massage and Bodywork Profession
- Alignment with Massage Therapy Foundation Research Agenda
Scientific and Technical Merit:
- Are the conceptual framework, design, methods, and analyses adequately developed?
- Does the applicant acknowledge any potential problem areas?
- Are the study aims original and innovative?
- Is the design well developed and appropriate to the study aims?
Why submit a poster?:
- Increase the variety of points of view aired at the conference
- Encourage two-way communication
- Allow detailed and esoteric presentations
- Provide a forum for “small” presentations
What else do I need to know?:
- Posters are to be set up Friday morning, April 22, 2023, and are to be removed by presenter on Saturday after the last breakout.
- It is helpful to have the presenter available at the poster to interact with conference attendees during the formal presentation.
We hope you will consider participating, as your presence will significantly add to the success of our poster sessions and contribute to the dissemination of research to massage practitioners.
Post Poster Session Acceptance Steps:
Poster presenters who are planning to attend the conference must register for the 2023 Summit at their own expense as we are unable to give registration discounts. If you are unable to attend personally, another member of your research team can bring the poster, or you may ship your poster and materials to us (see below). Please register using this Summit Registration Link.
Poster presenters are responsible for transporting their poster to and from the Summit. If you are attending the conference, you may bring the poster to the Summit, hand off information will be provided to you if you choose this option. If you are not attending or feel it easier to not travel with your poster, you may choose to ship the poster directly to Northwestern Health Sciences University to display on your behalf. Please ship all posters and materials five (5) days before the conference.
Ship your materials – five (5) days before the conference:
Northwestern Health Sciences University
Attn: Jenny Bell, Continuing Ed Dept.
2501 West 84th Street
Bloomington, MN 55431