S4OM is committed to being a leader in the field of oncology massage.
To support the safe delivery of massage therapy to people who are living with cancer, to promote an oncology massage education standard, and to collaborate in research.
Ensure that everyone living with cancer experiences the comfort of massage.
- Support and educate massage therapists and the cancer community about the value, safety, efficacy, and adaptations of massage therapy for those living with cancer
- Promote an oncology massage education standard
- Collaborate in research around the efficacy, safety, and benefits of oncology massage
- Advocate for the inclusion of massage therapy’s role in integrative healthcare
We measure success by the value we create for our community.
- Show gratitude
- Set high standards
- Have fun, do good!
- Respect human-ness
- Practice collaboration
- Default to transparency
- Communicate with clarity
- Listen first, then listen more
- Create meaningful connections
- Make a difference in lives touched by cancer
Our Position Statements
- Massage Requires Specialized Basic Training
- Oncology Massage Designation: Trained? Specializing? Certified?S4OM Certificate Position Statement
- S4OM is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization that formed in 2007.
- Our EIN# is 26-1560225.