Links to a variety of great organizations, databases, and media.
With the support of palliative care and hospice a growing number of people are choosing the kinds of experiences they want at the end of life. Massage can offer moments of comfort, wellbeing, and beauty at a challenging time for patients and their loved ones, yet most of us are not prepared with the right skills or knowledge to offer this help.
Palliative Touch: Massage for People at the End of Life is written for healthcare providers and complementary therapists who wish to provide safe, comforting touch for people with life-limiting illness, as well as anyone who might wish to support a dying client or loved one to live life to the fullest, right up until the end. Based on more than two decades of field and inpatient hospice experience, this book addresses topics from common end-of-life symptoms and the stages of dying to cultural issues and how these can impact end-of-life care.
Readers are guided to engage with the material at whatever level might be appropriate for their needs, with practical tips in every chapter. Beautiful color photographs, actual case studies, and stories from therapists, caregivers, and patients bring this information to life.
Publication Date: Nov 21, 2022
Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience.Denis Waitley
- Alliance for Massage Therapy Education (AFMTE)
- Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA)
- Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB)
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB)
- Specialty Certificate in Oncology Massage (S4OM)***Pending
- International Journal of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (IJTMB)
- Massage and Bodywork Magazine
- Massage Therapy Journal
- Massage Today
- Book: A Massage Therapists Guide to Pathology, Ruth Werner
- Book: Hands in Health Care, Massage for the adult hospital patient, Gayle MacDonald and Carolyn Tague
- Book: Massage for the Hospital Patient and Medically Frail Client, Gayle MacDonald
- Book: Medicine Hands, Gayle MacDonald
- Book: Mosby’s Pathology for Massage Therapists, Susan Salvo
- Book: Oncology Massage: An integrative approach to cancer care, Janet Penny & Rebecca Sturgeon
- Book: Palliative Touch: Massage for People at the End of Life, Cynthia Spence